Puhutaan suomea is a magazine targeted to those interested in learning and practicing the Finnish language. You will find here an engaging material providing an insight into the life, culture and customs in Finland.
Who choose our magazine?
- Finnish language students from over 20 countries all over the world who want to practice and improve their Finnish.
- Foreigners in Finland, who are interested in the Finnish language, society and culture.
- Finnish-as-a-foriegn-language teachers (S2-opettajat), as teaching material in their classes;
- Second generation Finns living abroad;
- Schools, high-schools, universities and libraries accross Finland and other countries.
- Private companies who want to support their foreign employees in learning Finnish.
The magazine content intends to provide the readers with a successful Finnish learning experience to achieve fluency.
Texts divided on three difficulty levels
Over 100 terms from the articles in each issue are explained to make the reading experience more comfortable. The words or phrases are underlined in the text and explained with a Finnish equivalent. To make it easier for the beginners, the terms in the EASY texts are also given an English translation.
In every issue the grammar section will present and explain a grammar topic. Some larger grammar subjects will span over more issues of the magazine.
Grammar and vocabulary exercises will complete the learning experience offered in every issue.
Reading and listening
Audio recordings for the articles read by a native Finnish speaker will accompany most of the texts.
Preview it online
Browse a free sample issue here: Puhutaan suomea 1/2016.